Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Such a petty dream.


One morning, freshman year, I saw an old couple walking through campus. Holding hands, they stopped in front of Dwinelle and just stood there for a moment. I was moved to take this picture, and it comes up every now and then on the slideshow I constantly have playing on my sidebar.

I've seen other old couples and families come onto campus...but I always remember these two. It feels so silly to have such a petty dream, but when I saw them was the first time I really knew something I wanted to have one day.

If in 50 years, I'm still here in Berkeley, walking around campus with someone...that's good enough for me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute. It reminds me of this old couple that attends my church in SD. They looked like they were in their 80's but they still walked around holding hands.

    I want that someday too haha

    ReplyDelete