Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fate in Film

Hanging out with Diana tonite, a big chunk of our discussion centered around relationships and fate. When it comes to this topic, I happen to have an arsenal of thoughts that I have collected from some of the films I've seen over the years.

Somehow, in my mind, all of the following quotations are related to one another, and I have synthesized them together to form what I like to call my worldview on fate.

"
There are so many things that have to happen for two people to meet." --21 Grams

"The earth turned to bring us closer. It turned on itself and in us, until it finally brought us together in this dream." --Eugenio Montejo poem quoted in 21 Grams

"Do you know what fate is? Fate is building a bridge of chance for someone you love." --My Sassy Girl

"
Life is a matter of a miracle that is collected over time by moments flabbergasted to be in each others' presence." --Waking Life

"I wouldn't trade our time for anything. That's all we are, the sum of our experiences. Besides, some of the best things in life are total mistakes." --Paycheck

1 comment:

  1. DK, could I borrow Waking Life from you sometime this week?

    ReplyDelete