Friday, June 12, 2009

Thoughts (or lack thereof) from Italy

So I'm here in the lobby of the Hotel Imperor in Rome, Italy. This trip is going well, so far. I'm doing all the tourist things and seeing all the sights. Like, we got on this double-decker bus that drove us around to all of the tourist traps. So for those of you who would like to know, yesterday, we visited the Spanish Steps; today, we went to the Trevi Fountain (note my tweet to the right), St. Peter's Basilica, the Pantheon, and the Coliseum; and tomorrow, we have plans to see the Forum. We're kinda just going with the flow, no strict plans…we just do whatever and it seems to be going pretty well.

My only disappointment, though, is that I have not found any inspiration as of yet for new and original thoughts. I was kinda hoping that I would get here, and the change in culture would compel me to have something interesting to share. I'll give it another day or two, and if not, maybe Rome just isn't my inspiration. No doubt it is beautiful…just not a match for me.

However, I would like to add a little bit onto my last post, which I'll admit was kinda vague and sloppily put together. Unfortunately, I don't think this is a point of clarification but rather just another point.

The way I felt when watching Before Sunset is the same way I felt when I was watching Michael and Holly during the season finale of The Office. So I guess that can only make things clearer if you have seen both the film and the TV show. I guess there's a few of you. Good enough for me, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment