Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blogging vs. Sleeping for 2 hours

Blogging wins.

So I leave for my trip to Italy, France, and Spain in a couple hours. I guess I'm excited but not excited enough to blog about it just yet. The only thing I have to say right now...I want to have a coffee and a beer in every city I visit.

Now onto what's really on my mind right now. Yesterday, I watched Before Sunset for the fourth or fifth time. That film always speaks to me, but this time, it really hit me hard.

The last time I watched it was during winter break, and I can't say that anything drastically changed over this past semester. But I guess the reason it hit me so hard is because I guess Jesse and Celine's relationship is far from fiction to me. I know that situation...I am Jesse.

You see, this is more than just, "Oh, I can relate to this film." Ya, the beauty of the film is that most people can relate on some level. But seeing the two talk as they stroll through Paris...it's disturbingly similar to what I do. The conversations they have resemble too much the conversations I have...or want to have.

I am doing these things right now, and it scares me.

I don't think I realized how much I was in this film until near the end where Celine and Jesse hug. "I know that hug," I instantly thought to myself. It's happy and sad, arousing and friendly, long and short, clumsy and natural--all at the same time.

Gosh, I'm having a hard time expressing exactly what I mean. Maybe it's because it's 4:30 in the morning. Maybe it's because I don't want to reveal the details of the film...or the details of my personal situation for that matter. Or maybe it's because I haven't given my emotions enough time to transpose themselves into thoughts, yet.

So I'll just table this topic for now, get some sleep, and maybe I'll return to this post when I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment