Saturday, August 1, 2009

I am taking a step forward or I have lost my mind entirely

My friends, I now have an OkCupid profile. Yup, I did it.

Yesterday, a dear friend of mine received a call...and I watched as her boyfriend made her heart melt over the phone.

I was jealous, I'll admit, but not for the obvious reason. I was upset just because it was as easy as him saying, "You're beautiful" and she was happy.

I want that. I want to make her happy too.

I have always wanted someone to take me the way I am (hell, that's the inspiration for the name of this blog), but despite all my efforts over too many years, I've never melted any hearts or made anyone as happy as she was at that instant.

So now maybe I need this change in myself and in my lifestyle. Enough of this meeting people "organically" through organizations and friends. Maybe this online dating thing is the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment