Saturday, August 29, 2009

Deja vu


Flipping through the pages of my real journal (you know, the pen-and-paper kind), I came upon this little ditty from Jan. 28, 2007:

To tell the truth, though, if you asked me specifically why I like her, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I mean, we don't really have a whole lot in common, but there's just something about her that makes my heart jump every time I see her.

Believe me, this is something I've definitely thought about, and I'm always trying to justify my feelings for her, and I keep getting no answers. But then again, I trust my heart because she's the first girl I've really let myself like in college, and I don't think I'd let down my guard for just about anybody.

I couldn't tell you why but this girl is special to me. And you know what? I'm gonna stop questioning it. I like this girl a lot and that's all there is to it.

Sometimes there doesn't have to be a reason. Sometimes all you need is a genuine feeling, and that is its own reason.


/\/\/\

I won't burden you with the details, but these feelings ran their course, and yes, I am now aware of the dangers and flaws of my reasoning. So naturally, my romantic ideals were challenged, and I abandoned some of them along the way.

The funny thing is that two years later, I somehow found my way back to this same course. I attempted to find what I had left behind, and instead only found the stale, bitter remnants of the love and hope I used to feel.

But it's not all gone yet. Not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment