Monday, August 3, 2009

Oh Happy Mistake!


In Latin, there is a phrase, "Oh felix culpa!" (like Felix the Cat) which can be loosely translated as "Oh happy mistake!"

I can't stop thinking about the honest mistake that was made the other day and what I think I might have heard. It was a mistake, yes, but when it comes to the strange happiness I get from it, there's no mistake about that.

I am reminded of a film quotation from Paycheck:

"You asked me the strangest question."
"What?"
"If I knew it wouldn't work out between you and I, before we were together, would I have done it?"
"What did you say?"
"That I wouldn't trade our time for anything...that's all we are the sum of our experiences. Besides, some of the best things in life are total mistakes."

/\/\/\

Well, I hope this mistake turns out to be one of those best things.

No comments:

Post a Comment