Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Something I Wrote Years Ago…and It’s Still Me.

"What I want"

I want to kiss your forehead.
I want to sit with you in the silence.
I want to hold your hand.
I want to make fun of you.
I want you to make fun of me.
I want you to take some initiative.
I want you to see that I smile when I see you.
I want you to respond when I touch your arm.
I want you to be unafraid of me.
I want to be comfortable gazing into your eyes.
I want us to have a moment.
I want us to be inseparable.
I want us to have security, even when we're not together.
I want us to eat together.
I want to enjoy the sun with you.
I want to sing songs to you.
I want to sing songs with you.
I want to tell you you're beautiful.
I want to hold you in my arms.
I want to buy you gifts just because.
I want you to like it if I do cheesy things.
I want to put up with your flaws.
I want you to put up with mine.
I want to call you all the time, and not be annoying.
I want you to listen.
I want to listen to you.
I want to try to understand you.
I want you to try to understand me.
I want to watch a romantic movie with you.
I want you to make me a better person.
I want it to be hard for me to say "Bye."
I want to go to church with you.
I want to talk to you about everything.
I want to talk to you about nothing.
I want you to be more aggressive than me.
I want you to feel safe when you're with me.
I want us to be independent, yet still need each other.
I want to wipe away your tears.
I want you to teach me.
I want you to be patient while I learn from you.
I want us to "make sense."
I want you to have as dimensions as me.
I want you to be my motivation.
I want you to be my inspiration.
I want you to seize the day with me.
I want others to be jealous of us.
I want to know that you think of me too.
I want to make you laugh.
I want to share my umbrella with you.
I want you to put your head on my shoulder.
I want us to be unique.
I want us to be a cliché.
I want you to call me at 3 o'clock in the morning.
I want us to trust each other.
I want to eat ice cream with you.
I want to meet you after class.
I want us to do homework together.
I want it to be okay for me to want you.
I want you to want me.

No comments:

Post a Comment