Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rhythm. Melody. Harmony.


If you think I'm talking about a song, you're mistaken. Over the past few months, there has been a recurring theme in every other conversation I have had. Somehow or another, we end up expressing the importance of music in our lives, both listening and playing.

At first glance, sure I'm just a music geek. But there's more to it than that. There's a reason why the topic comes up so often. It's the same reason why all of my closest friends are musically inclined.

Music is more than something I do for fun. To me, I live, think, and love in terms of music...both in the literal sense and in a more abstract sense as well.

The rhythm of seeing the people you love.
The melody of a good conversation, of laughter.
The harmony of drama, conflict, and eventually...resolution.

This is the way I think and see the world. And I know I'm not alone. To put it simply, life and love are music.

It is so important to me to surround myself and be with people who are like-minded and live similarly. I am so grateful that, with my closest friends, we can connect on this level. It comes both in our jam sessions but in our other "sessions"...the ones where we have opened up our hearts and souls to one another. In some ways, we speak another language. Thank you all for teaching it to me. Thank you for the music.

I'll close with one of my tweets from Aug. 18 in which I mentioned "playing music"...

Looking back over my life, I most remember the times playing music w/the ppl I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment