Saturday, November 27, 2010

Relationship Inertia

I'm not saying it should be easy. I'm not saying it doesn't take effort.

But I am saying that all relationships, including friendships, have their own inertia. So sure, each one needs an initial push to get moving, but there comes a point where relationships (the ones worth having) should keep "rolling" under their own momentum. This way, when you put in that work and effort to keep your relationship going, you have that momentum to help, and you won't have to feel like you're doing it on your own.

Isn't that a beautiful thing? I mean, once it's going, you and your relationship work together and give energy to each other. And you get so far...

So when I spend all that energy pushing, on my own, and nothing gets "rolling", I take it as a sign that I've probably been trying to push uphill. And that is not worth the effort.

I'm better off climbing the hill alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment